Monday, April 10, 2006

Dugay Gid Na

That's a Long Time!

I recently experienced the longest ceremony of any sorts that I have ever been a part of. My neighbor’s daughter and friend of mine, Caren, recently graduated from nursing school in Iloilo. They not only have a graduation ceremony but also a Ring and Pin Ceremony. In all essence it’s the same thing, but it happens 2 days before graduation. I have become very close with her family, her dad is in my barcada, her uncle is my landlord, her Mom does my wash, her sister is my favorite little kid in the Philippines (Sy Sy), and of course she is my friend. I was asked to present her with her graduation ring for the ceremony. I was a bit reluctant at first but her family, including her, genuinely wanted me to take part, so I agreed. Little did I know that the ceremony would be almost 8 hours. I won't get into logistics to much, but ceremonies are drawn out here, and if you throw in a mass with communion, you get to eight hours rather quickly. It was interesting to take part of, and of course I can't say I minded having nothing to do for 8 hours than to watch young Filipina nurses walk around in their uniforms all day. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of me presenting Caren her ring, however here are some pictures from the day.


Image hosting by Photobucket

Above is Myself, Caren's Mother and Lady. Lady is another cute little kid here. She is my landlords daugher and Caren and Sy Sy's first cousin.

Below is Sy Sy and Caren having a laugh after the trials of spending a day sitting

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Above is Me, Lola (Grandmother), and Caren. Lola couldn't make because she is not in the best condition, but I took lots of pictures and videos so she could enjoy.
Below is Caren and I snapping one of ourselfs because everyone else was busy eating.


Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LlOYD WHATS WITH THE LONG HAIR MR HIPPIE. YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD. I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU. IT IS OVERWELL-MEANING TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE AMAZING THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE INFLUINCING AND ARE INFLUINCING YOU. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP LEARNING FROM LIFE.

LOVE DAD
PS THIS IS MY FIRST MESSAGE I HAVE EVER SENT.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home