Thursday, January 05, 2006

What a Christmas Eve Dinner!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! My Christmas was spent with various host families, with lots and lots of good food. As you will see below. New Years was a blast on Boracay, and I got my new camera as well. These are the last pictures you will see from my old one. In the next week or two i'll get pictures up from my new one. I've been going crazy the past couple days taking pictures, I really like the camera I ended up choosing.

So Christmas day was spent in Damilisan, my barangay. My Peace Corps friend, Shawn, happened to be traveling through Iloilo so he stopped at my place for Christmas day. My Landlords family spent the day before shopping for the meal.....so much food. Yet my favorite was the 2 items below, the giant prawns and fresh crabs. We spent the morning washing and cleaning them, and started cooking around 3 or 4. The crabs where good, but the prawns were AMAZING. We also had pork, chicken, a specialtiy in the area called cajuice, made with local beans, kinylaw (Filipino style sushi), and lots more....but dont forget the rice too!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yea these were big prawns......and colorful too. (Above and Below)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jesus (Above) and Jo Jo (Below) got the crabs ready, most of them had their claws wrapped up but a couple got to Jesus later, it was funny.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The next day I ate at my friends house in the town, he had a whole roasted pig. I think over the course of the week following that day I was at three other "occasions" with Lechon (Roasted Pig). It is definatly the same here as in the States when it comes the the holiday foods being in abundance.

This Blogg is a brief one, I am really looking forward to getting some pics up from my new camera and I'll write more then. Today I'm in the city, I just got done with a meeting at the Provincial Government and now i'm off to my Language Lesson. I hired a tutor to help me once a week. Its my version of a New Years resolution, but not really. I made a resolution 5 years ago to not make New Years resolutions......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think for the first time I'm jealous of what you had for dinner.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home