Monday, December 12, 2005

Meet the People I'm Working With

Hello all this one will be brief, just giving you some pictures of me out at work. The first two pictures are of me and some of the people I have been working with. Both were taken in early December. The first of me at a school I'm working with on Solid Waste Managment. They organized a great event, "Miss Kalikasan" (Miss Nature). In the morning the school did an area clean up and in the afternoon had the contest. The contestents dresses were made of all recycled material (they were truely amazing) and the criteria was on the Dress, amount of recycled goods over the past month, question, and than the regular presance and beauty. I was one of the judges. The picture is before the clean up.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The next picture is with the women I am working on organizing into a cooperative. It was during one of the trainings I had organized. I brought in a professor from the University of the Philippines to do a two day training on basic business, managment, and financial skills. Followed by a third day on the technical skills of banana chip making. I'm not the most thrilled about them producing banana chips for a number of reasons, but it was the training they wanted, and it is thier group. (the picture is from the banana chip training) There have also been some leadership trainings as well as a co-op formation training. On January 4th it is the goal to register them with the National Co-op offices and obtain an account at the local bank for there savings program.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This below picture was taken durning one of the trainings. Its the daughter of one of the women in the group. I am not conducting the trainings so I read, listen, or take pictures during the day. I found her to be rather cute and loved the picture so here she is.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I should be a few bloggs this week, I really have no work at the momment. The schools are on break and the women are not meeting again till the 4th of Jan. I am planning on going camping next week for 3 days then heading to Boracay for New Years. I was going to spend Christmas with my first host family but I was just there last weekend for the fiesta in the nearby city (which was a ton of fun). It would be to difficult for me to camp and visit them, and I really want to go camping. So i'm staying at my site for Christmas.

(Oh and a note, I made it possible to leave comments now without regestering, so leave your comments! It may take a couple days to post cause I have them sent to my email first than I will approve them to post. The reason I do this is because of a lot of "SPAM" postings that occur if i don't moderate it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home