Thursday, September 29, 2005

Home Sweet Home...

WOW, it has been over a month sense an update. Thats how things go, I've been busy. As I'm sure all of you have been busy as well. I plan on putting three bloggs up today. So all one big blogg really, just slightly differant topics, its easier to load pictures a few at a time at these internet cafes. Well as I will get to later, (or as i got to earlier depending on how you read these bloggs) I was at a training for 3 weeks. Well a 2 1/2 weeks of training and 4 days of quick site seeing. Upon my arrivial home there was the municipality fiesta, which unfortanitly, I have no pics from. I was to busy eating and enjoying refeshing beverages to snap pics....BUT...I have my Brgy fiesta coming up....I plan on having pics from that. Speaking of my Brgy, which is Damilisan, I just moved. No more host fam, just Me, Myslef, and I......or at least until I find that bride. (Joke Joke Mom!....but realy who knows) So my own place...it is concrete, plywood, tin, nippa, bamboo...really a mix of all worlds. Just look at the Pic below to check it out.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The next two pics of of my cooking/washing/CR (oh CR means Comfort Room aka Bathroom) Area, it is located directly behind the house if your looking at the pic above. The water pump (hand pump) is just behind the CR. I will get pics of the inside up, i'm just waiting till i finish unpacking and organizing my stuff. The inside is two rooms, one big are split by a 3/4 wall dividing it. I have turned oneside into my bedroom, and the other into a kitchen area (i got a small personal fridge, and the person i'm renting from is letting me use a LP stove, I can also cook with wood in the outer cooking area), and a study/work/relax area. I have the plan of trying to
build my own bamboo furniture. I got some tools already, it will be a little hobby/experment. Working with bamboo isn't like working with other woods, i have seen that already, but well see what I can come up with.

cooking/washing area
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
C.R.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The below picture has nothing to do with my new house, just an added pic that I wanted to throw in somewhere. The girl on the left is the daughter of the house help at my host fams in Miagao, her name is Vanassa, and she is possible the cutest little girl in the world. The little boy on the right is Andrew, her best friend. While I was at my host family, these two were my language tutors, the best ones anyone could have at that! Leaving them to move was kinda hard, but i'll be visiting often, thats for sure...I'll still need help with
the language.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home