Wednesday, May 11, 2005

First pics (many you may have seen already)

Well these are pictures I'm posting to my blogg, i will try to update them as much as possible, and enclose captions where it may be interesting.  I have a lot more excellant ones of my site visit but I won't be able to upload them till i return to my training cluster cause that is where my compact flash drive is.  It is a couple of days into my site visit now and i'm not as overwelmed as before, i'm starting to feel really lucky, my site is really killer, my job will be fully challanging and that is more than i can say for other PCV's i have talked to.  THe housing thing will change drastically in 4 months, I have already talked to my counterpart at the Municipal hall i am working and he has a small piece of land on the ocean i went and checked out, and as long as it doesn't sell he is going to let me build a nippa on it overlooking the ocean, the PC pays for that and then i just leave it with him when i'm done for the use of the land.  The awsome thing is that on his property there is a valley with a direct view of the ocean, with palm trees, and coconut trees lining both sides and the nippa I would build would hang over the valley and extend from the top of each side, thus leaving under the nippa as the walkway to the beach, it would be beutifal, I just have my fingers crossed it works out, one is it is a bit of a ways away from my job so the PC may not allow it, but Like i said i have my fingers crossed.  If it doens't work out I will def. work for ocean front (sea front tech.) somewhere else.  Anyways enjoy the pics all and instead of posting comments to this write me emails please, unless your that lazzy than i'll read the comments...lol.  Take care all.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The above pic is an owl at the mangrove forest I visited during training, unfortanitly it wasn't in the wild but really cuwl none the less, the lower picture is me my first week in the Philipines while i was still in manila for initial orientation.  It was a giant chess set that you could play, it was fun and i felt like harry potter.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The above is one of the pics from the sunset my first night in the philippines, the lower is at a wedding I attended, i sat at the head table, and didn't know the bride or groom, just the brides aunt, but that is the attention i get here. Anyways it was a pig they roasted for the dinner, (Eric I hope the head doesn't scare you)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The upper and the next two lower pics are from Boracay when I was there for my water saftey training.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home