Thursday, May 05, 2005

First Blogg

Well this is my first attempt at blogging, and to get off to a start I'll say that I will do my best to keep it somewhat updated but I highly doubt it will be on any regular basis. I'm going to try to link pics to it so you can see those as well. I leave for my site visit this up coming weekend and i'm feeling pretty stoked. This past week I went and learned to plant mangrooves, and to be honost it was really easy but a good time and they are just amazing to wander through, totally beutiful. I got some sweet pics that I hope to be able to link to this. I also found out that if you are ever in the mangroove forests and starving you can it tree worms that live in rotted branches, they get rather large, of course we had to taste them and I tried a small one, but a couple of my friends ate some rather larger ones. I didn't really get a solid taste, they were so slimy that it just slid right on down.

It is pretty crazy how quickly i'm adjusting to it over here, it is just an everyday thing for me to jump on a jeepney or trike and go haulin' along dirt roads, many times just packed with more people than you can possible imagine to the middle of knowwhere to attend this thing or that, or to be at the mayors office talking to him about waste disposal and next thing you know i'm in his truck going to some meeting child rights seminar, all with tropical scenire.

The training is getting to be a bit old, big brother and all, along with many things that I find just mind numbing but i hope the tech training, that takes place after my first three months of service is better. The only thing I like is the language, which i wish there was more of, it gets really frusterating at times, but i know I need it more than anything right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home