Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Metting the Governor of ILOILO

The ground breaking for the Secondary Growth Alliance Market I have been working with took place about 3 weeks ago. The Mayor had invited the Governor because he had assisted in the funding for the High School construction as well as for the market. Below is the picture of the stage he and other guests spoke at later in the day. Unfortanitly most the day was plauged with rain, but it is that time of year. Either way I thought the backdrop was a nice picture.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The below picture is during the ceremony for the ground breaking of the Market. I've been to some other ground breakings in the Philippines and it is very much the same at each. The man holding on to the string is the Governor, the man to his left is the Mayor. You'll see me tucked to the back on the right hand side.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Below is a picture of the mountains that day, from the site of the future market. Obviously rain was in the "air." On our way back to the town that early evening, the gov. was late due to a land slide blocking his way, we ourselfs got a flat tire in some of the hardest rain I have ever experianced in my life. You might say its just rain, but i wish I could convey its magnitude to you. I was inpressed with nature, very wet, but impressed none the less.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home