Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fiesta.....Baby

The big two fiestas. Well for me at least. The first was the weekend after I arrived in the Pines. I get all the way back to my house on the morning of the 19th of September. That afternoon I was already at a cockfight, and winning lots. What a great day. But has luck will have it two days later, Thursday, I lost it all on another cockfight. The next day, the 22nd of September was the Municipal Fiesta. I ate a lot, seeing my stomach was fully expanded from America I could fit double the food. After that I had a two week wait for the really crazy one. Most the pictures below are from my Barangay (village) fiesta. It was intense. Three days of drinking and eating. Oh and three nights of drinking and eating. It was over this past Sunday. Everyone was tired. It was a fun time as the pictures will show you. My landlord killed 3 pigs (I helped with two), a goat, and multiple chickens. We also went through many many cases of beer and bottles of Tanduay (the local Rum). Enjoy the pictures.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the view I see every day while I "go to the bathroom." It has nothing to do with Fiesta what so ever. I just wanted to put it in a blog somewhere.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This too, is not from fiesta. However it very well could be. The other white guy is a volunteer from the next batch after mine, Ian. He is located about a 20 minute jeep away from my place. Lucky for me he is a wicked guy, to be honest I was a bit worried when I found I would have another volunteer located so close. Turned out all good. This is from my friends birthday party and it was Ian's first time killing a chicken.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now this is Fiesta. To be exact the Barangay Damalisan Fiesta. This picture was taken after the events in the next two pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have no idea what I was thinking. But to me it seemed like a perfectly reasonable and smart thing to do. Everyone was already drunk, all day eating and drinking. About 11:00 at night. I decided to teach my friends how to play flip cup. The old guy (my best friend here's dad) smoked me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of his few misses.....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I don't know....It was fiesta.....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ian eating goat brain. It took him 20 minutes with two spoons to get into that thing........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

goat brain does NOT look good. :)
glad for the updates, i'll email soon. have a good day!!

katie and caleb

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is badass you taught the people how to play flip cup. We need to get an international tournament of champions.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home