Friday, June 30, 2006

One Turn Leads to the Next

Well as many of you now know I'm coming home September 1st to the 17th for a visit! I'm excited for this. Very excited. But don't get me wrong; I still got a lot going on here.

Since my parents and other friends left life has been busy, very busy. Work continues to surprise me every single day. At one stage I honestly thought the women’s group I have been spending so much time helping was going to dissolve. They have had more road blocks, and trees cut out from under them than I care to re-visit. Now I think they may stick it out, and if they keep doing that than success could be in their future. Maybe I should say they continue to surprise me with their drive. I've been to a number of schools as well, distributing environmental education books I was able to obtain and lucky enough to find funding to reproduce. I have been throwing myself full bore into the organic farming bit. It has such a strong chance to have a hugely beneficial impact on farmers here, possibly lowering their total input cost by up to half. Not to mention the environmental bonus. I've had three successfully test runs with an organic spray fertilizer. I have farmers asking me about it simply from the results of three short weeks of use at the Dept. of Agriculture and at the MRF (Material Recycling Facility) Demo Garden I’m working on establishing. In other words stuff is good. I have a full schedule up until the day I leave to come home, well except for a week in Manila for a mandatory Medical Examination. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health.

So I mentioned I would have a list of "MUST DO'S" once I visit home. This list is more for my benefit than any of you....obviously. However, if any of you would like to assist me with completing any item on the list, please feel free.


  • Play a MINIMUM of 18 holes of golf, including an hour on the driving range (I'll need it).
  • Eat a number of large, juicy, medium rare steaks. Including one at Corpers 5'oclock club in Milwaukee
  • Drink a large number of micro beers, local beers, and Guinness.
  • Eat at Soup Brothers, Taco Bell, Subway, and Conohitos
  • OrderJimmy John's twice. One time eat it 5 minutes after ordering....so fast you'll freak. Second time let the #9 "marinate" in the fridge overnight and eat for breakfast in the morning.
  • Go watch at least one Show (concert). (note: I'm already attending J5 on the 2nd at The Rave)
  • BBQ Wiscony style beer brats. Most important, eat 'em too.
  • Have a drink at the Pfister Cafe and Blu. Just cause I can.
  • Meet the new members of my group of friends, including; The Billingsley babies, Heidi's baby boy, and Doug and Jen's baby girl.
  • Two words. Frozen Pizza.
  • Drive again
  • At least one 2:30 am Ma Fishers excursion. I’m not saying what kind of condition I’ll be in, however if past experiences hold true, I won’t remember it.
  • Take a HOT shower everyday for 17 straight days. Some days may call for multiple.

(This list is subject to additions at anytime I see fit)

I'm also going to keep a "rough" schedule on here so people will have an idea of when I'm available and where I’m at. However seeing its two months away this is difficult at the time. All I know now are Sept 2nd I'm gong to J5 in Milwaukee, and Sept 9th and 10th are dedicated to D and Stephs Wedding. I’m still waiting to hear when the Bachelor party is…….


Here are some pictures that I had uploaded a while back but have yet to post.

Below: Two of my friends at the last Disco in my Barangay. They may or may not of had a large amount of Tanduay Rum. They may or may not be dancing in the middle of the national Highway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Below: Eddie with his cock.
On a side note, shortly after this picture was taken his cock was killed in action. Eddie and I both lost money because of this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Below: This is Po, he is a little crazy, but he's great. He just sits around the Barangay all day smoking cigs. If there is ever music on, watch out. He'll bust his groove. Next thing you know you just got served.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Below: Eddie.....Gwapo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm not a little disappointed that "Visit Lynne in New York" was not on the must do list. ;) Actually, I am looking into coming home for part of your visit. I don't know though...it's all still very tentative. Work is rather intense, especially in the fall when NBC's new season of shows begins but we'll see. I love love love reading your blog. Amazing. I'm still trying really hard to be the first American friend to visit you. It is pending on a new job or promotion. Again, we shall see. I'm glad you're well, I'm glad you're coming home for a bit, and I'm so glad were friends. I miss you.
-Lynne

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU COME HOME!! i am so excited to see you, and you're going to be quite shocked at how big caleb is, and the fact that you won't get him to shut up will be quite fun as well... seriously, i'm very much looking forward to seeing you, and you better get ready to drink!! i'll join you for that 2am ma fisher's excursion for sure! oh, PS... I'M MOVING OUT!! by the time you get home for your visit actually, i should be all settled into my new place, as my move-in date will be sept 1st, if i can find a good place. hooray! okay, gotta get to work.. love and miss ya, see you soon!!!! ~katie and caleb~

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home